Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mi-17...what?

At first, I was glad when I found this, what I'm going to call "piece", because I myself think about some of these problems on a daily basis. In The Smirking Chimp, Tom Engelhart talks about how the U.S. military has strange ways of spending and training. When I started reading it, my thoughts were that he shares my wonder in why America insists on carelessly spending when we can barley afford teachers in public schools and policemen in our towns. When continued reading, it felt like more of a rant with useless jargon that I have no time nor interest to brush up on. I understand that most of what a blog is for is to journal your feelings for an online audience, but when you're writing for a reasonably larger audience, you should really take in consideration how long your post is and how you explain things, which he did a poor job of at both. I don't think he has many excuses either. He has written a published book, so he should know how it is to write for an audience. I guess the difference is that when he's writing a book, people are going to pay money for his work instead of browse over it online. Regardless, I think that he should spend less time ranting and trying to prove he knows what he's talking about and more time trying to get the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment