Friday, August 13, 2010

Hello Mr.Governor....errr..President

In my history classes it's really never made a lot of sense to me why our states dont have more power. Governors would be more suited to deal with their state's problems, because they do after all live in their state. But reading different arguments on this idea, I have realized that the state governors have gotten entirely too accustomed to having the federal government "fix" their problems for them. This generation's set of government wouldn't be cut out for more power like we would like for them to be. I think that the problem might be is that the people that are running for presidency are more ready to take on more power for their states & not necessarily taking on a whole country. I think that if the governors got used to more power and the President had less internal problems to worry about, the powers would even out a little more & put less pressure on every one.

1 comment: